The Oak Grove Bicycle Performance Center specializes in bicycle fitting, performance testing and bicycle coaching. We are certified in all of the following programs:
Book a fit, test, or coaching here!
$225.00 - $275.00
$275.00 - $345.00
Specialized Body Geometry Fit
Developed from years of working with Dr. Andy Pruitt Ed.D., PA of the Boulder Center for Sports Medicine and found only at Specialized dealers, like us, BG FIT (Body Geometry Fit Integration Technology) is a comprehensive fitting system created to help cyclists like you ride faster, longer and in complete comfort, while reducing your chances of injury.
We use the system's latest technology to ensure a precise fit based on your exact measurements. We incorporate your athletic and cycling background, height, flexibility and inseam to determine specific vertical and horizontal coordinates. And, a great thing about the BG FIT is that we can provide a thorough, cutting-edge, expert fit in a short amount of time. Plus, if you're purchasing a new Specialized bicycle, you're getting the best in bike technology too.
Here are some specifics on what sets our Body Geometry Fittings apart (watch the video!):
The BG FIT process
- Pre-fit interview - Every fit, whether it's for a novice or experienced cyclist starts with a brief interview with our trained technician that addresses your needs, goals and injury history.
- Flexibility assessment - This evaluation provides an accurate picture of your flexibility and other physical attributes, including assessment of foot structure, knee position, spinal curve, shoulder extension, hip flexion and leg length, among others.
- Side view - This is a riding-position assessment using your side view on the bike. The goal is to find the correct neutral position that's both efficient and comfortable by adjusting the seat, handlebars, stem and cleats.
- Front view - Analysis from a front view to optimize hip, knee and foot alignment for optimum efficiency and balanced power delivery. This includes analysis of the pedal and shoe placement and how squarely you sit on the seat.
- Follow-up - After a week or so, the technician calls to discuss the effectiveness of the adjustments and to answer any other questions or concerns you may have.
Benefits of our BG FIT fittings
- We're trained in muscle and skeletal anatomy related to the motion of cycling, common aches and pains associated with cycling, and the corrections necessary to address these issues.
- We assess your pedal stroke and can install BG footbeds and varus/valgus wedges to properly align your feet/knees/hips for maximum efficiency and comfort.
- We can help you ride longer, faster, happier, and healthier so you gain the get the most from your cycling.
- With our fitting experience, tools and unique Specialized Body Geometry bicycles and equipment, we can recommend adjustments and products that solve even unique challenges in flexibility, comfort, injuries and power output.
Body Geometry seats, gloves, shoes and more
Everyone’s body is unique and it’s impossible to perfectly fit every person with the same components. That’s why we offer Specialized's excellent Body Geometry seats, gloves and shoes that ensure the greatest comfort and complement your body and bike fit perfectly.
BG seats have been developed with ergonomics expert Dr. Roger Minkow, M.D. They use custom shapes, cutaways and multi-density padding to eliminate pressure and maximize your comfort and pedaling efficiency. Their are also Specialized Body Geometry shorts for additional comfort.
BG gloves were designed with the help of Dr. Minkow too. They feature a unique pad system that relieves pressure on the ulnar nerve for top comfort no matter how far you ride. Specialized also offers multi-density grips and handlebar tapes that work together with their BG gloves to maximize your comfort.
BG shoes have been developed with Dr. Andy Pruitt of the Boulder Center for Sports Medicine. BG shoes use built-in ergonomic features like varus wedges, longitudinal arches, sized footbeds and metatarsal buttons for amazing pedaling efficiency and comfort.
If you'd like to learn more about our fittings and/or have us fit you with our Specialized Body Geometry Fit System, you can
Retul: Bicycle Fitting For the Digital Age!
What are the benefits of a proper Retul Professional bike fit?
Bike riding is a repetitive motion sport. During an average century, you will pedal in excess of 50,000 times! As such, any problems in your bike fit will eventually lead to injury. An accurate bike fit will help minimize the likelihood of injury, and maximize your efficiency and comfort. An optimal position on the bike will allow for greater ease and enjoyment while riding. As all bodies are put together differently, your position on the bike should reflect your individual biomechanics.
Why get fit with Retul 3D motion capture technology?
The best way to analyze a rider's position is to observe and measure the rider while he or she is pedaling their bike. Retul 3D motion capture technology measures the rider as they are in motion using advanced image capture technology; this differs from older methods of bike fit that measure the rider once they have stopped pedaling (static bike fit). Retul measurements of the rider's position yield a comprehensive data set of the rider's movements. With this information, a bike fit expert can properly determine necessary changes to a rider's position. Attempts to analyze the rider in a static position will not provide data at the same level of accuracy as 3D motion capture.
Who can benefit from a bike fit?
Generally, if you are serious enough to clip into a bike, you will benefit from a bike fit. Whether you are a professional or recreational rider, getting the proper bike fit is an effective yet economical way to improve performance. It is helpful to remember that if you get injured due to an improperly fit bike, your time off the bike and potential medical costs to ameliorate your injury will end up costing you much more than a preventative bike fit.
How long does a Retul fit take?
An average road bike fit with Retul lasts about two hours. However, if you have major adjustments or component changes, the fit may be longer.
How is fit data shared with the rider?
The Retul software archives data for every rider and his or her bike(s). The athlete receives a report of the final fit data, including: body measurements and angles, bike set-up and measurements, a recap of what changes were made along with suggestions for future progress.
What is the cost of a Retul fit and what is included?
The cost of a Retul fit is $295 for a road bike, $345 for a time trial/tri bike fit (as it takes longer to complete), and $275 for a MTB fit. All fits include a physical assessment to understand flexibility and any other bike-related physical limiters (e.g., injury history), the Retul 3D fit, and then the fit data.
As it commonly takes time for a rider to adapt to a new position on the bike, my fits include a low-cost follow-up if done within 30 days.
I have successfully fit many recreation cyclists, and amateur and professional bike racers.